Thursday, May 25, 2017

For the last few years before my wife died,

or possibly JUST the last year before her death, all I read was ZOMBIE books. Zombie story stories, zombie novels. It was ALL I read. I've always liked the ROMERO type zombie, but I was FIXATED.

After my wife died, it continued. ALL I read, for 2 solid years after she died, was zombie books. Zombie collections. Zombie short stories.

The living dead. The dead returned.

The monkey's paw.

This last year I have been reading NON-zombie fiction again, hence my return to the POLITY universe of NEAL ASHER. I don't read a TON anymore (no more physical books- no more room for books :( and most of it is on my late wife's kindle fire but I do read.

And not JUST about the dead returned, or the living dealing with the loss of a loved one.

It just might be... a healthy turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment