Sunday, August 27, 2017

My biggest issue with the adpocalypse on YouTube.

I don't get paid for reaction videos. They are copyrighted material; copyrighted material gets the COPYRIGHT HOLDER paid. There is nothing wrong with that- the Music Policies on YouTube spell out which songs you can react to and what the Copyright Holder's say you can do. Most are FINE with you reacting/showing.playing their music- BUT you don't get paid, THEY do.

Not a problem. I can handle that. Mostly makes sense, too :) I don't agree they should get the ENTIRE video's revenue, but there you go. I am no lawyer; I have no options. Follow the rules, or don't play the game.

I used to do my daily reaction video gratis for all my subscribers. I didn't get paid for them, I still don't, but my OTHER videos at least "paid" for the luxury of doing reactions for my subscribers.

What with the recent YouTube issues, where anything even slightly controversial is demonetized, I'll upload THREE videos in a day and get paid for maybe ONE if I am lucky. No more do I have TWO videos to help "pay" for the reaction. Now I frequently have TWO or THREE demonetized videos in a day.

I can't AFFORD that :( If I don't get paid for my vlog and my game videos, I CAN'T keep doing reaction videos where I get the COPYRIGHT HOLDER some cash, but me- nuthin'.

What a conundrum! My channel's growth was BUILT on my reactions- if I stop doing them, what will happen to my channel? Likely death. But I don't get PAID for them and right now, cash is sort of at a premium :(, then I can't keep up doing what I am doing.

I do not know what is going to happen :( I really wish YouTube wasn't doing this to us, the people that BUILT it.

Oh well. Life is life.

:(

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there sir. Hopeful yt will get its shit together and ytbers like u won't be paying the price for it. Also maybe the vlogs are demonitised because of the "crack cocaine and prostitute" saying. I personally find it very funny but yt may not think so. Hope u have a gr8 life!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even those vlogs wherein I have left that out have gotten demonetized. Things are slowly changing in ways tho- I think the programs and algorithms may be learning!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what's going on with Youtube, but if it doesn't stop it'll be even worse. HOW can they set words like "hello", "awesome", "hamster" as not-advertiser friendly? This is bullshit. :/ Why instead of supporting the creators Youtube is doing the opposite? I don't understand that.

    Sigh. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaja- I do not pretend to understand at all.

      Delete